The Great Indian Diet Plan for Weight Loss
Typically carbs-rich food culture in India can be a major roadblock in your fitness goals. In spite of heavy cardio and weightlifting, only a minor change could be noticed, and this can be directed towards our food habits particularly. What we especially can’t ignore amidst the Indian population is that chronic illness, heart diseases, blood sugar, and cholesterol levels are on the rise. We embrace our junk (Laddoos, Oily desserts, samosas, spicy food) way too much, and turn a deaf ear to any advice regarding a wholesome diet. This is why a handcrafted Indian diet plan for weight loss definitely needs to be in place. Read on to know more.
Where are we going wrong?
Our area of focus needs to be on striking the perfect balance, rather than on cutting down on all essentials altogether. A traditional vegetable/grain-based Indian diet works its charm pretty well. Drawing a limit is all that you need to work on. Load up your plate with greens! A wholesome meal would consist of small portions of fruits, vegetables, grains, proteins (Egg, Dal, Fish), and lentils. One could also top their meal up with some healthy and authentic spices such as fenugreek, coriander, turmeric, cumin, etc.
This being said, an overall lacto-vegetarian diet is recommended in an Indian scenario. This will further be elaborated below. However, let’s figure out where we’re not bothered enough. Research and regular doctor checkups are not a commonly followed routine in India. We fail in the very first step, that is, detecting or identifying the issues we have in our system. More often than not, it’s because a condition goes unnoticed that the treatment, in the end, turns out ineffective.
Alongside regular doctor checkups, one must strive to be fit. If you’re underweight, there are multiple plans to gain weight fast, including a specialized Indian bodybuilding diet. If you’re overweight, there are quick weight loss diet plans! All you need to do is follow a practical diet favorable for you, and dedicate a certain amount of time each day to your body, to work out and stay fit.
Break it down- The Great Indian Diet Plan
- Include a lot of healthy fats in your meal. This can include olive oil, coconut oil, sesame oil, cheese, yogurt, avocado, dairy, and ghee. This would not have any negative impact on your health whatsoever.
- Consume a lot of whole eggs and egg white. This is rich in protein, vitamins, and also minerals. If you consume meat, reduce the quantity but maintain the intake. Fish is one of the most suggested meat dishes owing to its protein-rich profile.
- Have foods with a low glycemic index. Replace sugar with jaggery, and normal chocolate with dark chocolate.
- A brilliant contributor to weight loss and management is chia seeds. Additionally, enriching nuts like almonds, cashew, and walnuts need to be generously included in your meal on a regular basis.
- Consume a lot of water, exercise often and don’t forget to detox and look after your mental health. Meditation and yoga need to be an integral part of your routine.
Guess what goes best with your Indian Diet Plan? It’s Dr. Fit Tea! TRY NOW!